Wednesday, October 18, 2017




My New Hip


Hi Everyone:
I am recuperating at home after receiving my new hip replacement. I had my left hip replaced in December, and now I have just had my right hip replaced September 18.

I was discharged from the hospital on September 25, five days after my surgery. On the day I was discharged I fell. I have had to contend with extra bruises on my right leg and butt. But by the grace of God my new hip did not dislocate.
You do not know what it is like to be helpless and completely dependent on someone else when you cannot do the simplest things to help yourself until you have a hip replaced.  
I thank God that I have had my younger sister here to help me with things that I could not do myself.
If you want to know how much your body depends on your hips to do the simplest things – dress yourself, pick things up from the floor, bending, etc. Just have a hip replaced and you will find out quickly how much we depend on our hips.



Enough ranting for now…

No comments:

Post a Comment